The Elephant In My Shop

Renoir Triple Leaf Copper Set

From Suzy's Timeless Treasures on Ruby Lane
Dealing in vintage & antiques is always interesting and sometimes perplexing.  I've called this post The Elephant In My Shop, not because the pieces that you'll see are truly undesirable, but because, as purveyors of the past, occasionally we come across incredible finds that, for some reason, decide that they are going to keep a permanent residence in our shops.  They can be perfect in every way...no flaws, a complete set, priced competitively, great pics...and still they sit.  As shop owners, we scratch our heads and wonder, "Why is this still here?".

I have found, personally, that touching one of these items and saying to my husband, son or dog, "I can't believe I still have this!" seems to have an amazing way of it selling within the next couple of days.  "So why don't you do that with all of your items?", you ask...well, it just doesn't work that way.  It has to be spontaneous.  "She's nuts!", you say...maybe, well probably:) but every business does have it's superstitious side!

The gorgeous Copper Renoir Full Parure above is from my good friend and fellow vintage shop owner Suzy's Timeless Treasures

These rare book pieces are a wonderful find and include, the necklace, earrings, bracelet and brooch!

Vintage 1950's Italian Porcelain Nursery Figurines - Set of 4

From WhimsicalVintage on Ruby Lane
My (Baby:)) Elephant is this lovely set of Italian Porcelain Nursery Figurines.  In beautiful condition and such a wonderful gift idea for the new mother or mother to be.  The type of gift that will become a family heirloom for years to come.

Thank you so much for reading and stop by next Tuesday for more from The Elephant In My Shop Vault:)


Comments